Interaction Associates (IA), www.interactionassociates.com, is a learning and development company that helps organizations work together better to improve team performance and business results. We accomplish this by providing learning solutions, leadership coaching, high-stakes meeting facilitation, and organizational consulting.
We are seeking an individual to deliver learning content for in-person and online training, coach and advise clients, and to provide instructional design services.
In the 2022-2023 period, this individual will split their time between service delivery (50%) and learning product and service development (50%), which will includes helping to launch IA’s Learning Management System.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Desired Location: San Francisco, CA, Boston, MA, Raleigh, NC. This is a remote position. Qualified candidates should reside from one of the specific geographic locations and be able to work from their home office.
Senior Consultant Responsibilities:
- Deliver in-person and online learning experiences
- Collaborate with co-trainers to prepare for training sessions
- Design and facilitate client need discovery meetings
- Recommend learning strategies
- Help complete proposals with a business development partner
- Help close business, e.g., presentations and demonstrations, with business development partner
- Tailor learning programs to address specific client circumstances and needs
Instructional Designer Responsibilities:
- Lead PD projects through the design lifecycle from scoping, research and analysis, design, development, and launch.
- Manage and create the development of engaging learning support material and media (learning guides, PPTs, video, role plays, quizzes, etc.)
- Define and document user requirements for accessing LMS processes and assets
- Develop Program Leader guides and support materials
- Develop storyboards and scripts for learning videos and e-learning experiences
- Develop instruments and processes to assess learner satisfaction and performance
- Proven experience delivering high-impact learning experiences – in-person and online; ability to command the room and exhibits high level of energy
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Conceptualize learning experiences and write benefit statements and learning objectives
- Design and facilitate complex team meetings
- Analyze team and organization dynamics and develop intervention strategies
- Present information, both orally and in writing, in an organized, enrolling manner
- Consult to, coach, and build trusted advisor relationship with senior leaders in a client organization
- Build relationships with client prospects in a way that that promotes trust and credibility
- Present self in a way that (1) demonstrates the IA values-in-action and (2) models IA core competencies
Depending on IA’s needs at the hiring time, candidates must possess one of the three level of competence for each core skills above:
- Threshold – understands the competency area and demonstrate aptitude in all areas
- Journeyman – can perform the competency well in a client setting
- Distinctive – is viewed by peers and is acknowledged by clients as having outstanding capability
- Undergraduate degree with emphasis in human resources management, education, psychology, business management, or instructional design.
- 5+ plus years of adult teaching and/or team consulting experience and/or instructional design
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and with instructional technology
- Be able to travel 2 weeks/month to client sites to deliver learning experiences or consulting services
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience using online collaborative tools such as Box.com, Salesforce is strongly preferred.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Preferred: Visual design skills and experience with collaboration tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Mural)
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@interactionassociates.com